Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blog Rookie

Blogs eh?  Ok, why not?

So my blogging mentor, hosehead04.blogspot.com once asked:  "Am I interesting enough to write a blog?".  My first thought was "No", but I get a kick out of reading them every time and they look like they are fun to write.  People who post every ridiculous thing they are doing on Facebook makes no sense to me, but a blog only gets read if someone chooses to read it.

So, here goes...

Funniest sports moment in a while:  Jordan Eberle trying to shake hands with some sponsor lady at the IIHF tournament and getting shot down!  Even Eberle knows it's funny!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcFn-jXPl_o

I"ll always be a Wings fan and I still love Zetterberg and Datsyuk, but it's tough to watch my next two favourite teams, The Hawks and Lightning, and not wish that Detroit had some good young Canadians on the team.  Guess I will just have to settle for year after year of playoffs and Cup contenders!

Just finished my Unearthed 10 mix (new found rock music) and like after each one, I think this is the best one yet.  Here are a few of my favourites from it...
-Silbury Sands by Wolf People
-Chimney by Yellow Moon Band
-Sneak Out by Rose Hill Drive

Also just finished another mix called "Classic Rock Light".  Fun, easy-going 60's & 70's summer tunes inspired by Rocco.  I've got two more mixes in the works.... "Under Cover" (cover songs) and "Turtle's Pace" (super mellow and acoustic tunes).  Any suggestions?

This is one of the the best times of year... NHL and NBA playoffs, golf and baseball back on and (usually) the sun is shining!

Last year the Caps ran into Jaro Halak and this year it's Dwayne Roloson.  No sympathy though... JS Giguere in 2007 comes to mind.

Is there some way that the Heat and Celtics can eliminate each other?  That would be great.

Seems like 2011 is a year for big changes with many of my friends.  All good moves in my eyes and hopefully they all work out.

I really like Jim Hughson as a play-by-play guy but he is clearly pro-Canucks.  Still better then listening to Bob Cole, who actually said "Everything is happening" during a round 1 game.  Let it go old man.  Let it go.

If nothing else comes from these blogs, I hope that I get some funny responses and even better would be some music recommendations.

Cheers!
BonesMinded

1 comment:

  1. Good start... i've been thinking about blogging for about 6 months and haven't pulled the trigger yet. Reading this might get me started.
    Vanner

    ReplyDelete